5.05.2010

The Firefighter's Quilt

As many of you know, I come from a firefighting family. Its in our blood. So, I have been slowly collecting firefighting fabrics, over the years. And then it came time... to do something with it all.

I asked my SIL (who is a firefighter, & married to the Fire Chief {my brother}), if she would be interested in me making them a Firefighting quilt for their couch - since their living room is done in firefighting. Guess what her reply was!?!

I cut out the fabrics into 5" squares, and I did the tumbler cut again. And I L.O.V.E. the results!!!! I just finished up on the hand stitching of the binding today, and was soon outside dodging rain drops to get a few pics.

I pieced and quilted it with the Brother.


2 comments:

Bobbi said...

that is FANTASTIC!!! i LOVE how you used the flames fabrics.

Jen said...

It turned out fantastic!! Great job Kim!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails