Catching up on this Saturday

WOW, amazing I have been home since Wednesday, and finally getting a chance to update. For those that didn't know - I was in Branson last weekend, and I had the wonderful opportunity to take the trip with my Mom, sister, Amy, her two girls, and my future step niece. We had a blast! We left at 10pm on Thursday and made it down to Branson around 9:30am, Friday morning. Driving at night was the best, but when we came home we were able to see what we missed along the way.... seems like a bunch of wind turbines..LOL

We were able to check into our hotel about an hour after we arrived. If you have never been to Branson, you will soon find out that its very hilly. Our hotel was on the 4th floor, and from ground level, we only had to go up one flight of stairs. The bad part of the hotel was that there was NO WIFI in the room itself. It sucked! We had to go outside and sit in a corridor to pick up the internet from the main building. Friday afternoon, the little girls of course had to go swimming. We were able to sneak in some sight seeing, ate at Joe's Crab Shack, explored Branson Landing. Friday night I met up with Vickie and her Mom at a Cracker Barrell, and after went back to her hotel room to exchange our goodies. She brought with her ABC Lessons from Lizzie Kate - its a kit I had her purchase for me at her LNS.

Saturday morning, Mom and I had to go to our presentation - gosh they are suckers! Cant take no for your final answer. What gave me a red flag is when I asked to see a local map of the area, they didn't even have a map.. LOL Crazy! After we were finished with that, we went back to the hotel to find the girls just waking up, and we had to meet up with Vickie at 11, and they had 10 minutes to get ready! We went to Celicia's Samplers in Branson. I purchased a piece of fabric for ABC Lessons, and LHN - Yesteryear chart. I didn't buy much as I really didn't have time to look around and explore. And besides I already have enough to stitch for a lifetime! After that we went to Olive Garden for lunch. Vickie and her Mom took off after lunch, and we hit the outlet mall. We went to the Disney Store, and to Old Navy. After that we did the Ride The Ducks, we had a blast on the Duck. Natalie even got to drive the duck in the water. Lots of laughs were had on that attraction.

We walked into Old Navy in Branson, and Kaylee's mouth dropped! From watching the commercial, she couldnt believe what she saw! She had to have her picture taken with her new friend! She even had to touch their feet to see if they were real or not.. too cute!! I wonder if we were the only ones to have pictures taken with store displays..LOL

And - for fun, we took a drive down to Arkansas. My future step niece would love to visit every state in the U.S. So she was able to visit AR for about a minute... LOL We came back to our hotel, and rested for awhile, and then went to eat at Shorty Small's which was a good place to eat.

We had a funny thing happen @ Shorty Small's. As part of the meal, they served me pork n beans, well Kaylee wanted some of my beans. We were not served any spoons, and my Mom asked a waitress for a spoon, and the waitress didn't understand my Mom, and said back to my mom, "a spoon, whats a spoon"? We didn't know if she was serious, or playing with us, come to find out she was serious.. and we just cracked up laughing. I apologized when she came back with the spoon. It was one of those moments where you had to be there.

Sunday morning we were up early as we wanted to drive atleast half way home, and spend the night. Of course, about two miles out of Branson, the Expedition started to act up! It was something to do with the acceleration, were were thinking (Mom got it checked out when we got home - all it needed was a tune up! All my praying paided off, I suppose!) Half way put us in Springfield, IL. We ate at Cracker Barrell, and I had the best dinner there!! We spent the night at the hotel next door, and it was much better than the one we stayed at in Branson, for sure! I woke up Natalie, Monday morning, letting her know that Bart Simpson had called to talk with her, but I told him that I wasn't waking her up... LOL And she believed me!

We arrived home on Monday afternoon, and I had direct orders that everyone was going to go and pick up Princess and P.J. from the kennel - boy was Princess happy to see Mom!
Tuesday was spent shopping and going out for Chinese. And I even came home with a new laptop! Now I'm working on getting the files off the old laptop and on to the new. I came home on Wednesday after going to Alltel to get my Dad's phone disconnected :(. But I was happy to find out that Mom and I were able to stay on the same plan as we had. And - I got my name changed for caller ID on my phone. Wont show my Dad calling when I use my cell phone. And my mom treated me to T.G.I.Friday's.
I stopped at a LQS while I was waiting for my sister to get up on Wednesday morning so I could say good bye to the girls, before I headed home. I picked up "Let's Do Lunch" from Atkinson Designs, and then of course I had to stop at Hobby Lobby to pick up some DMC, and some fabric to work some patterns with that I found in the book.

I had to work on Thursday and Friday... and here it is Saturday. I slept for 13 hrs last night, and we had some bad storms go thru. So far, I have played on the computer, and working on laundry, and picked up the house.

Gas for trip to Branson - $200
Meals in Branson - $300
Ride The Ducks - $92
Shopping at Celicia's Samplers with Vickie - $36.78
Spending time with family - PRICELESS


Irene said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Love Kaylee's picture.

Pam said...

It sounds like you had a great trip and made lots of memories. I'm glad it was so much fun for you and your family.


Related Posts with Thumbnails