1.20.2010

Milky Way - Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns, Quilt Block of the Week

This weeks block is called Milky Way. Here is my paper pieced "Milky Way" block. I loved how it gave me a challenge!! I think I might need to redo the stitching of the "rows", and change the tension, cause.. I bet you cant guess what color thread I used...LOL I did end up with a couple "dirty" tips where the white got either dirty or scorched from the iron. I'm going to wait to clean it up after I get the paper off. And Im hoping after I get the paper off the block, it will lay down better.

Block #3 – Milky Way – Walworth County
Pattern is here - Milky Way

















Find out more about the "Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns, Block of the Week" @ Cre8tive Quilter

2 comments:

Jen said...

It looks great! Actually...when I have those little threads showing I try cheating first. Just take a super thin black pen and color them in. =) THe rest of the places you don't even see it.

It's more about stitch length than your tension I'd bet. I usually do paper piecing at a 1.2 and normally sew at a 1.8 for piecing. Its just the nature of the beast because of all the layers. It also may relax a little once you remove the paper.

Vickie said...

Looks wonderful Kim!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails