9.24.2008

My first Round Robin



This will be my first Round Robin (RR) that I will send out. I have done like 4 in the past, but never took the courage to send out for myself. Well that time has come. Before I had decided on this theme - I had 3 others picked out.. but they seemed like they weren't screaming .. stitch me!

I'm really excited about my selection of theme for the RR. If you are familiar with the Dear Diary charts from Little House Needleworks - they include a little scripture pillow. Well at the very bottom on that site's page - it shows them all grouped together. And that gave me the idea to do a RR with the pillow designs.

I have selected 28ct Monaco in Tea. Each stitcher will have to stitch over two. I have all the DMC floss all ready to go for it. All the patterns still need to be prepped, and I need to work on the direction sheet to be passed on when its stitched.

I took the opportunity (well I needed something to do, as I had to keep my throbbing foot elevated today - long story) to get it started, as I stitched the middle square of the design. There are 8 other blocks that will be stitched on.


There are 5 of us involved in this RR. We each get a month to stitch on each others RR, and pass it on to the next person. So maybe in the future I might need a couple more to help me finish - but I will have to make sure it returns back to me in March.

In the side bar - I'm going to keep an update as the RR grows. I'm really excited about all of this!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails