9.01.2009

Happy Sewing Month!!

The observance of National Sewing Month began in 1982 with a proclamation from President Ronald Reagan declaring September as National Sewing Month “In recognition of the importance of home sewing to our Nation.”

So, happy sewing month!

I know I will be spending some time with the sewing machine this month. I have a few quilting projects to work on, and a few bags to get finished.

I ♥ my sewing machine. Its a Brother CS-6001. Ive had it now for 2 yrs (doesn't seem like it). It came all the way from California to live here with me. Its gotta a good work out since its been here. Its made multiple quilts, table runners, countless QSnap Huggers (*sniff*), hemmed a few pant legs.

I got my first sewing machine when I moved up here, so that was 7 yrs ago (atleast). And it just mainly collected dust. But then one day it came to life, and I was sewing like crazy on it. So much that I had to purchase a new one.

I think I will go and spend some time with it now, hope to have a quilt top finished in the next day or two (or three).

Happy Sewing Month Everyone!!

1 comment:

Regina said...

Hi Kim,

I have the CS-6001 also. I purchased it as an upgrade from my Kenmore. I love, love, love it! My sewing friends have high end Vikings but my Brother is divine to me. I love the needle down option and the decorative stitches come in handy for the bags I make (along the top edge of the bags and the handles).

R

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails