9.15.2007

Inspiration


That's what I got today while at the Carrie Jacob-Bonds Composing Threaders Quilt Show, in Iron River. Gosh, now I'm motivated to work on that Tribeca quilt... maybe cause its almost over with (the quilt show) that I can focus on something else.. maybe!? Man the quilts on display.. I wanna make them all!! Loved the colors on some of them.. my new favorite colors.. LOL

I had a great day today. It was my first time vending at a quilt show (I have done others, like craft fairs and such.), and I really enjoyed it!

Brian and I went Friday night to set up, and thankfully we did. We had to make 2 extra trips back to the store, as we had so much. (The third trip more so was trying to find some fat 1/4's and 1/2 yards that were in an unopened box when we got back to the museum....grr!!). It took us, (yes, I can say "us" as Brian did help me with putting things out) 3 hrs to set up the little area.


This morning when I got there, I finished the last little things and got out the camera to take a few pictures. So this is the area that I had set up.. the colors in person do not match the pictures at all. But I love the colors!! So fallish!! Got lots of compliments.

It was good to hear.. "Oh your from Wardo's?!" "Your my closest quilt shop, and I live 30 miles away"
I had to laugh, one of the vendors had a quilting/embroidery machine, when she was showing it off, she said the price... wanna guess the price!?!? $500, higher, 1,000, higher, 2,500, higher, 5,000, higher!? GASP! $8,499!!!! Dang!! My truck isn't even worth half that price!?!

It was good to catch up with some quilters I haven't seen in awhile.

When I didn't have customers, I took the time to stitch. I got a finish.. finished up Princess by Hinzeit, and started on "Stitch Pink" by Lizzie*Kate. I have Pin and most of k finished. Hope to finish it tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a great time...those types of shows are so much fun!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails