Whether I was home or next door, stoking the fire at the inlaws.. cleaning their house.. cooking.. doing dishes.. visiting.. etc. I have been staying indoors (well except for today when I did some errands up in Iron River, MI. and the multiple trips next door).
When I came home on Tuesday night the temps were in the -20s (and below). So I just thought its going to be cold, so I'm going to get busy!!
It all started the Friday before Christmas to be exact. I was at work, and the phone rang, and I was told I had a phone call. I just figured it was Brian, calling to ask me something since he was caring for his Mom. Nope it was my Dad.
I always go into panic mode when either my sister or my Dad calls. Living 130 miles from home, and never knowing what is going on.. or has happened down state with my clan, sets me in panic mode.
My dad asked me - how far in advance do I know my work schedule, and I said, well it depends. And he started to tell me about this offer to go to Branson, MO, but since Mom didn't want to drive that far, he asked if I could drive. I love spending time with my parents, and Brian and I need to get out of the Northwoods for a weekend...LOL
Heck yeah! I will drive! This past Thursday, I was granted my vacation - and I also found out that a coworker was taking the same time off..(but longer vacation) and I wasn't guaranteed to get the time off. So now I am!!
April 17th - 19th we will be in Branson, MO.! I know we only will be there the weekend, but hopefully we can cram alot of fun activities in during the short stay.
The countdown begins!
Its on, and it's PINK!!
And to top it off, on the way home, my sister called to inform me that our Grandpa was transported to the hospital. Was nonresponsive, so will have to see what goes on there.
Now the ball is back in my court for family issues.. geez!
I know I have already commited myself to the following projects (which were carried over from 2008)
- Cabin In the Woods
- Quilt Alphabet Sampler (QAS)
- A Wintery Heirloom from HAED - 01/01/09 *A SAL with Vickie
- My Sewing Sampler by Blue Ribbon Designs - 02/01/09 *A SAL with the girls on S-I-Q
So, you can see, Im going to be busy for awhile, and won't be complaining that I have nothing to work on! Heck, this isnt even counting the quilt projects I have brewing in the head..LOL
Cross stitching -
1. Winter Love by SamSarah Design Studio
2. Ask Me About My Grandkids by Lizzie Kate
3. The Homestead by Bent Creek
4. Brett Favre Jersey by Jennifer
5. Double Flips - Dream by Lizzie Kate
6. Double Flips - Love by Lizzie Kate
7. Double Flips - Remember by Lizzie Kate
8. Double Flips - Give by Lizzie Kate
9. Nutcracker Stocking - Model for X's & Oh's
10. Quaker Heart by The Workbasket
11. Brave Hearts by Little House Needleworks
12. Fireman 1 of 3 by Hinzeit
13. Cow by Bent Creek
14. Main Street by Bent Creek
15. Town Hall by Bent Creek
16. Barnyard by Bent Creek
17. The Stockyard by Bent Creek
18. Snapperville by Bent Creek
19. Christmas Heart by La D Da
20. Paper Whites by Little House Needleworks
21. 2 Teach by Lizzie Kate
22. Double Flips - Listen by Lizzie Kate
23. Double Flips - Learn by Lizzie Kate
24. Wedding Spots by The Trilogy
25. Believe - MODEL for Glory Bee
26. Double Flips - Believe by Lizzie Kate
27. Double Flips - Care by Lizzie Kate
28. Double Flips - Create by Lizzie Kate
29. Double Flips - Laugh by Lizzie Kate
30. Double Flips - Live by Lizzie Kate
31. Double Flips - Completed by Lizzie Kate
32. Viv's SFE - Celtic by Ink Circles
33. Quaker Alphabet - MODEL for Glory Bee
34. Betsy - MODEL for Glory Bee
35. Vickie's SFE - Little Cups of Friendship by Lizzie Kate
36. Mare's SFE- The Heart Stitcher
37. Debra's SFE - Flip Flops by SamSarah Designs
38. Always & Forever by Little House Needleworks.
39. Housework Never Killed Anyone by Lizzie Kate
40. 50th Wedding sampler
41. These I Hold Dear Round Robin by Little House Needleworks
42. Fiber Fun - Snowman by Mosey & Me
43. Daisy - Jayne's Cottage Garden Round Robin by Country Cottage Needleworks
44. Autumn Harvest by Little House Needleworks
45. Dress Warm - Vickie's RR by Heart In Hand
46. Say Your Prayers - Vickie's RR by Heart In Hand
47. Gingerbread Ornament by Little House Needleworks
48. Teresa's RR - Cardinals by The Prairie Schooler
49. CJ's RR - Robin by The Prairie Schooler
1. Stars And Stripes...Forever Pattern by ~ ME!
2. Milly's Cow Quilt Pattern by ~ ME!
3. Shade Cascade Pattern by ~ Karen Combs from Blank Quilting
4. Cottage Blossoms Pattern from Andover Fabrics
5. Garden Inspirations Table Runner Pattern by ~ ME! Sold at my Dad's benefit for $31
6. Cranberry Wishes - Table Runner Pattern by ~ ME! Sold at my Dad's benefit for $14
7. Stars And Stripes...Forever Pattern by ~ ME! Sold at my Dad's benefit for $25
8. Patty's Quilt - WIP Pattern by ~ Yellow Brick Road
9. Calais II Pattern from Blank Quilting
10. Marrakesh Pattern from Blank Quilting
11. Winnie The Pooh Tree Skirt - assembled by me
12. Michele's Bistro Table Runner -pattern by me
13. Kaylee's Quilt -pattern - Yellow Brick Road
14. Garden Inspiration Table Quilt -pattern by me
15. Natalie's Quilt -pattern - Yellow Brick Road
WOW, Im impressed. With what has all been going on this past year, Im amazed that I have so much completed! Wonder how much will be complete in the new year!
Thanks for all that leave comments, and the special emails I have received over the past year. You are the ones that make this blogging experience enjoyable!