12.05.2005

WOOHOO Its finished!


I completed the U.S.A quilt - that is going to be a Christmas gift for my Mom, since I have found out that I have her name for Christmas exchange. This is going to be a perfect quilt!

Since this is my second storm at sea variation, it went quite fast. It took me less time to sew and work on, than the first - for some reason. Im so pleased with the results that Im thinking of making another one. Im so happy with it. All that is left to do is get the backing material for the quilt, and to have it quilted, and put the binding on. So it might not be till after Christmas till I have it quilted. But the quilt top is done :)

I went to Laurie Jean's to work on my quilt - since she has Motivational Monday's. I took advantage of it. All I had to do was put the borders on. I needed the space to measure out the quilt.. so its 62.5" X 84.5" (with the borders). When I first showed Laurie Jean and Carolyn (another quilting friend) they were in awe! They pointed out that they could see stars in it, come to find out (I thought they were talking about the little stars on the fabric) when you look at the quilt you can see star designs made up by the white in the quilt. We had a great time gabbing away, that the time went by really fast. I had to call Brian to let him know that I was going to be awhile, since I hadnt planned on staying long.

AWESOME NEWS ALERT!!!!!
Laurie Jean really liked my quilt colors, and she asked if she could take a picture of it, once it was quilted. And have it displayed on her pattern!!! To replace the one that she has on it now. So what do you think my answer was... Yes of course!

Now what to start on next...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails