So I told her I was going to make a new one tote for her, but I was going to make it different so it wont fall apart. (Well I know she will have no recall of our conversation - but she still needs a new tote to haul all her what nots around).
So this afternoon I went thru my stash, and came across some cut out triangles that were used in a previous quilt top. So I sewed them up together, and just played with arrangement. I was really pleased on how it turned out. I should have added another vertical row, but then I thought I needed to keep it smaller, as it was the whole point that the resident cant carry too much in the tote.
I did something I have never had success with in the past - I free motioned the quilting!! I'm ok with how it turned out, but its better than what I thought..LOL
So, after 3 hrs of planning, cutting, playing, ripping out seams (the corners which I ripped out twice, and went with no corners), and all the sewing, its done.