8.19.2006

Weekly SBQ Catch up!

With all that has been going on this past week, I missed posting the SBQ for August 9th & August 16th, so here they are:

Today's (Aug 9th) SBQ was suggested by
Ami and is: For those of you who use hand or over-dyed floss, how do you store it?

Well I just started to get into WDW floss (thanks to Missy), and so as of right now they are in a gallon size Ziploc bag, waiting to be called upon to be stitched with. I did take an inventory of the colors I have, to make it easy if I ever get the desire to stitch with the over-dyes.


Today's (Aug 16th) SBQs were suggested by Ami and Anna and are: Do you have an organizational system for your fabric? If so, what is it? If not, what do you store your fabric in?
How do people store their fabric, especially those small but potentially usable pieces? Do they sort by count? How do they label it or otherwise know what each piece is?

I do have an organization system with my fabrics. I have a 3 drawer plastic storage system (well I actually have a total of 3 plastic storage systems for my stash). My fabrics are in 4 different drawers. In one drawer you will find the packaged fabric, sorted by colors. In another drawer you will find the open stock (not in a package with no label) fabrics. I mainly check this drawer first when looking for fabric to stitch on - never know what I'm going to find in there! The packaged and open stock fabric drawers are PACKED! About a month ago I did reorganize my open stock fabric, and sorted them out by color, and size of the fabric. Another drawer you will find tubes of material. And lastly I have started a drawer for linen and evenweave fabric - Which is still in the growing process :)

The fabric that doesn't have a label of color or count. I guess the color, and for the count I have a count ruler - but when you stitch a lot, you come familiar with the size of the count.














No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails