10.29.2006

The Change

Umm time change that is.. LOL Gosh with having the extra hour .. its so nice! Here it is, almost 11:45, and the clock on the wall says 12:45... humm I guess I need to change it!

I got myself another job! WOOHOO! Like I have enough time the way it is. Well I sorta got my dream job going to be working 6 days a month (once a week, and one weekend) in a fabric department ! WOOHOO!!! A friend of mine, whom also works at the quilt shop - also my mentor/friend/boss of me at the quilt studio that I also work at, put in a good word for me, and then told me to apply.

Well about 2 weeks ago, I went to talk to Laurie Jean about the "requirements" of the job, and LJ introduced me to the boss of the quilt shop. My new boss Deb has known me as a customer, and when I co-organized the quilt show in June. Well Deb handed me an application, and told me that I could start whenever I wanted.. LOL So I more so had the job before I even filled out the job application. I even got an employee discount with my purchase that night of some fat quarters and a 9 1/2" square. :) I will be working on Thursdays from 9am - 5pm (which the shop is only open from 9-5 M-Sat, and noon - 4p on Sundays.)

And of course I'm keeping my full time job. Since I work 10 hr days - 4 days a week. I have beg, pleaded, and ranted to get my schedule changed to work 4 days one week, and 3 days the following week. :) I need to work more than 64 hrs a week to get health insurance, so this should work out great! And besides, the f/t job is getting very stressful, and I need alittle more of a break inbetween each shifts. I have already worked a day a week ago Friday, and I really liked it!

So wish me luck, or tell me to turn around so you can give me a swift kick in the rear.. LOL . I will mainly be working in the fabric department - cutting fabric, organizing the bolts, helping customers pick out fabrics, and drool over all the material I can buy to make quilts with.. LOL OY!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

WTG on your new job Kim! Congratulations and I hope you enjoy it :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails