12.23.2008

Christmas 2008

This past weekend, Brian & I went down state for the weekend to spend the weekend with my family. And since I have to work December 24, 25, & the 26th, we celebrated Christmas early this year.

















Saturday, we were able to get on our way after getting someone to parent sit for us. We were on the road and headed south. Once we got to my sister's house, I left Brian there so he could catch up on some sleep, and I took the girls and we went to finish up my Christmas shopping. They were really good for me, I couldn't believe it! Saturday night, Brian and I watched Nat and Kaylee while their parents went out. We worked on something special for their Mom, and then wrapped some presents. We even watched "Horton Hears a Who!"

Sunday - we all slept in till 10:30am. The weather was awful! Blowin like crazy and a temp of -4 and the windchill was unbearable. We headed off to get our supplies for Kaylee's 3rd bday party (she turned 3 on the 19th). The party started at 3pm, there was a nice turnout, despite the weather. After we had the party and my brother's arrived, we had our family Christmas. We exchanged gifts amongst the adults, and we had presents for the kids. After we were thru with presents, my parents treated us all for dinner at The Viking. It was a great time, I love spending time with all my family at once!













We have a tradition, of taking a picture of the kids in front of the Christmas tree... my have they grown since last year!!

On the way home we were singing Christmas songs, and looking for Christmas lights (and deer). It was a great way to end the evening.

On Monday, I headed over to YDS, which is a quilt store. I found a couple panels I liked and I'm looking forward to making something out of them. In the afternoon, we took Natalie to Preschool, and Brian, Amy, & Kaylee met my parents for lunch. After, we went shopping for a GPS. One trip around the parking lot with my parents GPS, I was begging Brian to go back in, and purchase one for ourselves.

Monday evening was spent watching TV (watched Wall-E - I fell asleep watching it..LOL) , watched the Packers lose. My sister made lasagna, and we had a quiet evening.

Today, we left my sister's at 11:30am, stopped by my parents to show them a few things I had discovered on the GPS, and we went for lunch. On the way home, we stopped at Hobby Lobby, so I could get some pellet stuff for a little something I wanna try. The roads home were terrible. We saw 3 cars in the ditch, and heard of several more along the way, on the radio.

We got home about 5pm, and got unloaded, and guess what.. I'm typing this post from my inlaws again. This will be the 9th night we have not slept in our bed (or in the same bed for that matter, since the inlaws have twin beds for use to sleep in, and we were on the couch or love seat at my sisters..LOL)

So, all in all.. I wanna do over of the weekend!

2 comments:

Shari said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Kim!! Gosh, those girls have grown up a bunch since retreat!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Pam said...

I'm glad that you had such a good weekend with your family. It sounds like you had alot of fun. I hope that you had a Merry Christmas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails