Thursday I got the backing fabric and batting for the girls quilts. I came home from shopping, got the material washed, cut, and sewed back together. I spent about 1.5 hrs pinning the quilt top (had to use my inlaws table as my workspace), and then I came home that evening and quilted. I got it all quilted, and I was super happy. This was my first *bigger* quilt top I have done machine quilting with my sewing machine - there is nothing fancy at all. Just stitched along the seam to square out the fabric squares. Gives it a good puffy effect.
While quilting the quilt, I had a hard time pushing the fabric thru at times. I got an idea! I had pair of garden gloves that had a rubber texture on the outside of the gloves, and they helped!! But, I couldn't use them much, and I found out that when quilting, I needed my sense of touch to feel if the batting or backing material was bunching up. But it helped when I needed the little help.
I worked Friday, and was super tired, and I was in bed early.
Saturday I worked at the quilt shop. I closed the store and had to actually let people know that the stored closed at 5pm, when it was already 5:15pm. After I got out of work, I stopped and bought dinner. Got home, and started working on the binding for the quilt. I used the remaining fabric from the backing of the quilt. Worked out great! I started to hand stitch the binding on last night, and then I started playing slots on Pogo, and then I discovered Yahtzee on Pogo, I was hooked! After I played
several games awhile, I went back to the binding.
Today I spent about 5 hrs on the binding, and finally am happy to say its done! Kaylee's quilt is finished!
The pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson Designs. I used 18 fat quarters in different "girly colors". I made a twin size.
This is not the quilt top that is pictured below. I have now to work on that quilt top, and get it quilted and bind, before the 19th.