4.27.2008

Stitching with a VIEW!




While I was in Rochester, MN at Mayo Clinic.. there was alot of times where I needed to wait in the waiting room while my dad was having some test done.





If you have been to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, you may know what I'm talking about. There are two buildings, (Mayo Building and the Gonda Building), and on the east side of the buildings they share a corridor between the two buildings. One side is the wall, where the elevators are, and the other is panes of glass. Yes Windows!! Boy did I take advantage of the view! We had appointments on the 3rd, 6th, and 19th floor. So we had to stop at each floor and check out the view.

While my dad was at his echocardigram test, I had 2 hrs to stitch. There was a waiting area, and well it was dark. And guess what, there were sitting areas in the corridors, and I found a nice comfy spot, and got out my model and started stitching away! I was on the 6th floor.


It was SUPER windy that day, and there were two guys on the side of the building doing repairs. CRAZY!


While stitching, I did have a lady come up to me and asked what I was doing. I showed her what I was doing, and what the design looked like on paper, and my stitching so far. She laughed at the saying I was stitching for the model, and she left with a smile.
The last pictures are from the 19th Floor of the Mayo Building.

You will have to click on the pictures to make them bigger, as I selected the "small" feature for the pictures.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails