4.27.2008

SBQ - Catching Up!


April 3rd - This week's SBQ was suggested by Terri and is:

What items do you consider essential to your needlework that you keep in your stitching bag?

What I use as a "stitching bag" is what you would carry a Bible in. Its works great! I can fit a 8" QSnap inside, and zip it up. Its not that bulky like a bag. Inside the bag when its not carrying a project you would find... scissors, extra needles, fray check, pencil/pen,

April 10th - This week's SBQ was suggested by Jennifer and is:

What is the most complicated piece you've ever completed?

Humm, good question. I would have to say a model I did for Moonflower Designs. The reason it was complicating as I was stitching it in hand dyed fibers, and what I wanted to achieve for the model was when it turned, the stitching would turn also. So I sat with the design and worked out where I wanted to "turn" the stitching. I think it turned out wonderful!!

April 23rd - This week's SBQ was suggested by Christine and is:

How do you handle blended threads? Do you kit the blends up before you start a piece, or do you grab what colors you need and blend when the need arises? If you kit up the blends beforehand, how do you store them? Do you have another option for blends to share?

Ok, this question is kinda confusing to me. I'm assuming they are referring to two colors being used to give another look. Like example, using 726 and 745 together. What I would do is, cut the threads as I needed them. Cut them the same length, and use 1 strand of each color, and stitch with them. Nothing spectacular, I guess.. LOL

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails