3.10.2006

Star State Flower Quilt

I've been challenged again .. and I love it! Yesterday I went up to Iron River and did alittle shopping, and then stopped by at Laurie Jean's to pick up the rest of the material I needed for the African Storm At Sea quilt that I needed to finish. LJ and I had talked the last time I was there about helping her with a brainstorm quilt she had. She has all of the 50 states and their state flowers. So what I had to do was measure out the 4.5" to make the block around the flower. Then I had to cut all the other pieces to make the star around the main block. So I had to cut 400 of the white 2.5"sq material, 2.5"sq of the blue material, and also 2.5" X 4.5" of the blue. I had to trace a line to make a diagonal of the white squares so I could sew it straight. I completed one block to see what it was going to look like. One down, 49 to go! But its going to go fast.

UPDATE: I have had a few comments about the Star block.. I was excited about showing this block off, and out of my laziness.. I didnt press it fully and I got a hump in the fabric, but its all taken care of now.

2 comments:

Missy said...

WOW! That is so pretty. You sure have your work "cut" out for you (I know stupid pun!). It will be so pretty! Are you going to arrange them in any order? Alpha would be nice. I would do it in order which they joined the Union. JMO :)

Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Kim said...

Thanks Missy - Im not sure as how the states will be arranged, that is up to Laurie Jean - Im just the helper in the prep of it all :). This quilt is going to be arranged like a flag, where the stars (states) will be on the top, and the red/white strips will be below. I dont want to give to much more away, as this is a designer quilt :) You will have to wait to see the rest of the quilt when its finished! I will have to post some pictures, as we go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails